Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Just to good to be true.

There are only a few things Sano can't handle. One is a south wind. One is a Southwest swell. The other is more universal-crowds. Today the SW swell and crowds made most of the spots just a bit more in the no-fun zone than I consider worth the effort, so I traveled a bit north to a Dana Point. What I though was a small miracle had me staring at head high walls racing down the by the jetty with only a couple guys out. I pinched myself but hurriedly put on the wet suit and paddled out. Almost immediately I launched into a real beauty for a great start to the morning. Then, as if somebody let out an invisible signal, the crowd swelled from 3 to 15 in the time it took for me to get a couple waves. Not just your average annoying crowd, these guys were old geezers on floating barges gladly taking off in front of you and never looking back. I got a few more waves and then out of frustration I just sat inside and cut them off for a last few waves, then left. Alas, sometimes it is just to good to be true.

No comments: