Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dancing with the Devil

After designing machines to extract nickels from retired old ladies for a while, I finally made it back out today into some Dopatch mushy lines. The contest for the ASP, or Asshole Surfing Professionals, have taken over at Lowers for a week so it's best to give them a bit of room as their moniker of A.S.P. , or asp, belies their ability to snake just about every wave away from you. Still, I got some better than expected waves on the inside reef at good old Dogpatch. The gezeers stayed way outside and I picked up lots of inside waves that actually got pretty interesting on the shallow reef. When the waves stood up on the reef, the waves got a nice hollow hook to them that kept me in lots of long waves just barely skating over the rocky racetrack which I call Dancing with the Devil.

No comments: