Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The pick of the litter

Given a choice between great weather or great waves, the waves win every time. It was fugly overcast and drizzly this morning, so I let the fog roll in and out before I went down to check the surf. The silver grey glassy ocean was combed by an offshore wind that switched around just as I got down to Dogpatch. Lowers was completely insane, but the local schools were out today, so Dogpatch got the nod. It was smaller but much better shaped today. I had the pick of the inside bowls and did some remarkably sick insane floaters and lip launch re-entries just to make the wave, but they worked, and I made a lot more of my waves today. With all the locals getting blown out to sea and pushed north by the drift down in the KO bowl, I have to say this cool cat got the pick of the litter!

No comments: