Friday, October 20, 2006

A perfect 10

Today was throwing down 10s and I was grabbing them up as fast as I could. With the tides funky real early, I made it out a bit later today, knowing full well onshore winds weren't going to be an issue. I basked in hot, glassy waves, and 80 degree temperatures on the beach all morning. I even had to use sunscreen! The swell seemed to greet me, a new deep water south, that had head high waves with a bit of wallop. Thankfully, the early morning crowd had retired and the mid morning group was no match for these juicy waves. Today was mostly about flying. I flew over sections, over closeouts, over insane re-entry wraps and just about everything the ocean threw at me. I was doing remarkably well for a change, knocking the bag out of most everything and getting a few tubes as well. I don't think I would have scored any 10's in a contest, but for me at Dogpatch, I'd give today a perfect 10.

No comments: