Monday, January 29, 2007

Trestles still inspires me in awe!

Awe was the word for today. Awe-some waves at Trestles surprised me and everybody else today. Head high fire breathing lines spun down the point at just less than closeout speed, which made them the best waves so far this year to carve up. Awe-ful is the only word I can use for the crowd, which were rude, incompetent and more or less a perfectly good waste of surf wax. Still, after getting almost run over and cut off a few times, I took the gloves off and just paddled around them and got the best waves of the day. There isn't enough aspirin on the planet to fix me today after that session, but I can relish the memories of flying across the reef on my favorite wave, down the point ripping it up on my surfboard, with Lower Trestles in its prime form. Even after surfing it for 37 years to this day, Trestles still inspires me in awe!

No comments: