Friday, January 26, 2007

Still is worth waiting for

Well, the surf finally got up out of the knee high range today for the first time in a month. Being well forecast and a Friday, all the troops were there in full force at the beach. I elected to sneak into Dogpatch territory, almost over-run with paddle boarders now, and hope for the best. Luckily, a few really nice ones came my way, and I was getting pretty interesting off the lips as the head high surf cracked over the reef at the lower tide. Too good to be true, the south wind came up and squashed the session in a matter of moments, leaving everyone to complain bitterly as they paddled in en masse about the month of lousy surf and then now to be teased by an hour of good head high waves, but then only to have them rendered useless by an evil south wind! Still, the few I got reminded me that it still is worth waiting for.

No comments: